"VTubers," or virtual YouTubers, are a growing trend in Japan, getting popular enough that one local government decided to create one to host their digital channel's tourism videos. Her name is Hiyori Ibara, and she promotes tourist attractions in the Ibaraki Prefecture.
- Google Shuts Down 39 YouTube Accounts Linked To Iranian “Influence Operation”
As Popularity Of Avatar YouTubers Grows In Japan, One Prefecture Gets Its Own Official ‘VTuber’
Famed Pomeranian Jiffpom Signs With Made In Network, Relaunches YouTube Channel
Jiffpom, the popular Pomerian who has over 8.9 million followers on Instagram, is working on building up its YouTube presence. The canine has signed with Made In Network, which is working on two, regular series that will appear on Jiffpom's YouTube channel--the first debuted today.
Twitch Embraces Nostalgia Again With Pokemon TV And Movie Marathons
Twitch begins its "Pokemon: The Series" tv and movie marathon August 27, embracing the nostalgia that propelled its "Power Rangers" and "Mystery Science Theater 3000" marathons in the past. The Pokemon viewing event will span 16 movies and 19 seasons of the tv show.
- BuzzFeed Announces Another Live Show Coming To Twitter
- Netflix Lures ‘Black-ish’ Creator Kenya Barris From ABC With Eight-Figure Deal
- UK Consumer Watchdog Is Monitoring Social Influencers Who May Be Failing To Disclose Paid Promotions
- Rutgers University Study Warns Against Glut Of Misleading Plastic Surgery Videos On YouTube
- Giphy Is Hosting Its Own Film Festival And Currently Taking Submissions
- Facebook’s Birthday Fundraisers Have Raised $300 Million In The Past Year
- Roku Exceeds Q2 Earnings Expectations, Brings Free Streaming Service To Web
- NowThis Hires Former CBS News Producer To Lead Facebook Watch Morning Show