Over the past few years, YouTube has been especially focused on combating misinformation about COVID-19, U.S. elections, climate change, and, most recently, Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. Now it’s adding abortion to that priority roster.
YouTube’s next misinformation frontier: abortion
Creators On The Rise: Jeanelle Castro left her job to make content. YouTube Shorts turned her channel into a new career.
When Castro decided to quit her job for YouTube, it wasn't because she'd gone viral, or had hit a subscriber milestone. It was because making YouTube videos was the one thing she truly loved to do.
Made In Network will support its creators with $50 million investment
Made In Network will investment $50 million in its partners through ventures like catalog licensing and professional development.
- YouTube Millionaires: Lizzy Capri left her dream job for YouTube. Now she has nearly 8 million subscribers.
- YouTube Millionaires: ZHC says if you’re a YouTuber and you’re not making Shorts content, you should start “right now”
- YouTube Millionaires: Sarah-Jayne has spent 9 years building a crochet business on YouTube. She just opened her own studio.
- YouTube Millionaires: Tati Mitchell started making content with a cheap phone and her bathroom mirror. Now her fanbase is helping her start a business.
- Creators On The Rise: Jeanelle Castro left her job to make content. YouTube Shorts turned her channel into a new career.
- Creators On The Rise: How two talking corgis are taking over the internet
- Creators On The Rise: The animators behind The Land of Boggs gave up trying to make it on YouTube. Then their channel got 300 million views.
- Creators On The Rise: Meet the guppy enthusiast behind YouTube and TikTok’s “fish portals” craze
- Insights: Jack Dorsey Finally Frees Twitter Bird To Fly Higher, If It Can
- Insights: Will Twitter Be Blue When It Discovers What It’s Really Worth?
- Insights: The Donald Finally, Maybe, Gets Ready To Create The Social Media App We’ve Been Bigly Pining For
- Insights: Short-Video App Clash Goes Public, Built On Bones Of Vine Successor Byte