Machinima has ceased operations and laid off most of its staff roughly one month after the gamer-focused digital network was subsumed under the Otter Media umbrella amid the reorganization of parent company AT&T’s digital properties.
- Rooster Teeth Resurrects Select Machinima Series, Including ‘Inside Gaming’, In Wake Of Shutdown
Machinima Ceases All Consumer-Facing Operations, Lays Off Most Of Staff
After Porting Its Creator Network To Fullscreen, Machinima Wipes Seminal YouTube Channel
Days after the entire Machinima creator network -- as well as select creator network employees -- were subsumed into Fullscreen, Machinima has set all of its YouTube videos to private. While the hub, which counts 12.4 million subscribers, is still live, no videos can currently be viewed.
Machinima Creators Just Got A Letter Telling Them That They’re Now Part Of Fullscreen
Now, according to a letter circulating on social media, Machinima staffers and creators will be joining the Fullscreen network -- which is another Otter property.
- Former Machinima Talent Exec Amber Howard Joins Abrams Artists Agency
- Machinima’s Inside Gaming Crew Reunites, Promotes The Movie ‘Tag’
- Machinima Signs ‘Mortal Kombat,’ ‘Resident Evil’ Screenwriter Greg Russo To Development Deal
- Machinima Previews Conclusion Of Its Animated ‘Transformers’ Trilogy, Coming May 1
- Patty Hirsch Named GM Of Warner Bros. Digital Labs, CEO Of DramaFever
- Machinima Names Digital Ad Vet Steve Reed VP Of Brand Partnerships
- Warner Bros-Owned Machinima Debuts New Logo, New Programming Plans Amid Rebranding Effort
- Twitch Ended 2017 With 15 Million Daily Visitors, 27K Partnered Streamers