Verizon will slash about 7% of its Media Group amid missed revenue goals, reports The Wall Street Journal, amounting to roughly 800 staffers. (Globally, Verizon Media Group comprises roughly 11,385 employees).
- Verizon Selling Yahoo And AOL To Private Equity Firm Apollo Funds For $5 Billion
Verizon Lays Off 800 Employees Within ‘Media Group’, Comprising Yahoo, Tumblr, More
Verizon Inks Deal To Bring A+E’s Digital Content To AOL, Yahoo
Verizon's combined AOL and Yahoo brands will get a first look at projects from A + E Networks' digital studio, 45th & Dean.
Verizon Pays Reported $2.25 Billion To Stream NFL Games (Including This Season’s Playoffs) On Go90, Yahoo, AOL
Verizon has inked a multi-year deal with the NFL that will give it streaming rights to games in exchange for a reported $2.25 billion.
- BBC To Tackle Fake News Epidemic During Inaugural NewFronts Presentation
- Both Fullscreen And BuzzFeed Opt Out Of 2017 NewFronts Lineup
- Twitter To Make NewFronts Debut As Yahoo Leaves Lineup For Country-Wide Event Series
- Verizon Names Former Maker Exec Erin McPherson VP Of Content And Strategy
- Yahoo’s Email Hack Could Cause Verizon To Abandon $4.8 Billion Deal
- Twitter’s First NFL Stream Nabs 2.3 Million Total Viewers, While 48 Million Watched On TV
- Hulu Removes Free, Ad-Supported Tier From Its Service, Moves It To New Yahoo Hub
- Tumblr To Roll Out Revenue Sharing Partner Program For Certain Users Later This Year