Whatnot—which was founded in 2019 by former YouTube product marketing manager Grant LaFontaine—describes itself as a “community marketplace where you can buy, sell, go live, and geek out with collectors and other like-minded people.”
- Instagram thinks the future of memes has “infinite possibilities.” That’s why it’s holding an official MemeCon.
Whatnot wanted eyes on its ecommerce site. So it made 80,000 viewers work together to win $400,000 in Pokémon prizes.
NFTs are coming to Instagram
Starting this week, the Meta-owned platform will let some users post digital collectibles in their feeds, Stories, and in DMs.
U.S. podcasts will rake in $2 billion this year, and $4 billion by 2024
Also, podcast ads’ average lengths are beginning to stabilize in the 15-to-30-second range. We’ve gone from 38% of ads being 15 to 30 seconds in 2019, to 41% in 2020, to 55% in 2021.
- TikTok is replacing its Discover tab with Friends
- Shoutable taps Charli and Dixie D’Amelio to boost its buy-a-billboard debut
- Facebook’s giving up on podcasts, its Clubhouse copycat, and apparently audio as a whole
- Creator-owned Nebula just built its own MasterClass for creators
- Cameo cuts 25% of staff, citing COVID boom slowdown
- Twitter’s NewFronts presentation pitches it as “the second screen and the first scroll”
- Stop asking your audience to subscribe. Do this instead.
- YouTube Millionaires: Sarah-Jayne has spent 9 years building a crochet business on YouTube. She just opened her own studio.
- Spotter taps YouTube execs Monica Khan, Derek Reynolds to build a “creator success team” (Exclusive)
- Ludwig’s new company aims to be a one-stop shop for streamer solutions
- Creators On The Rise: Meet the guppy enthusiast behind YouTube and TikTok’s “fish portals” craze
- Meta says it’s messing with Reels payouts, introduces new Facebook plug for creators to earn up to $4,000
- TikTok is finally splitting ad revenue with (some) creators
- Sykkuno leaves Twitch for YouTube
- Snapchat unveils Simone Biles Original, Cameo partnership, and new inclusivity pledge
- Marques Brownlee, Mark Rober, Léna Situations, and Alexa Chung hit the Met Gala red carpet with YouTube
- Amazon’s freshly rebranded Freevee unveils growing slate of streaming originals
- Top 50 Most Viewed U.S. YouTube Channels • Week Of 05/01/2022
- Top 50 Most Viewed YouTube Channels Worldwide • Week Of 05/01/2022
- Want to snag the latest FaZe Clan merch? Step into The Armory.