News

Logan Paul Will Fight Floyd Mayweather In An Exhibition Match On February 20

After word emerged that a contest could be afoot in November, and in a signal that YouTube‘s Paul brothers have reached new levels of legitimacy within the boxing industry, Logan Paul will officially face off against retired champion Floyd Mayweather on Feb. 20.

The fight — an exhibition match, meaning it won’t count toward either fighter’s professional record — will air as a pay-per view event on Fanmio, which hosts both online meet-and-greets with celebrities, as well as other events. General admission starts at $25. That said, prices will increase as the fight draws closer, ramping up to $40 after the first 1 million spots are sold, $60 beginning Dec. 29, and then $70 beginning Feb. 11. Right now, fans can also buy a ticket with a limited-edition shirt for $55.

This will be Paul’s third bout in the ring after two previous fights against fellow YouTuber Olajide ‘KSI’ Olatunji. The first fight ended in a draw, while the second saw Paul defeated amid a split-decision. Mayweather, for his part, is undefeated with a 50-0 record. He retired in 2015, but made a one-fight comeback in 2017 against Irish MMA fighter and boxer Conor McGregor — and fought in an exhibition match on New Year’s Eve in 2018.

Subscribe to get the latest creator news

Subscribe

Per TMZ, Mayweather — who is 18 years Paul’s senior — is 5’8″ and last fought at 150 pounds, while Paul is 6’2″ and 200 pounds.

Rumors of a bout first kicked up in November, with Mayweather responding to Paul’s taunts on Twitter. “These YouTube girls better find some Barbie dolls to play with cause I’m not the one for the kid games,” he wrote. “Three years ago a fighter from the UFC said my name and I had to put a muzzle on that bitch. Logan can get the same treatment.”

News of the fight also arrives after Jake Paul — Logan’s little brother — knocked out former NBA player Nate Robinson last month on a Mike Tyson undercard. Paul has hinted that he next wants to face off against McGregor. Dexerto reports that Paul’s most recent PPV event reached over 1 million buys in the U.S., with Paul saying that he walked away from the spectacle with eight figures. While it’s unclear how much Mayweather and Logan Paul are set to earn, it’s undoubtedly bound to be a staggering figure, given that Mayweather reportedly took home $300 million for his final fight with McGregor in 2017.

Share
Published by
Geoff Weiss

Recent Posts

Under pressure from Hollywood, TikTok agrees to “maintain strong guardrails” for AI content

On TikTok, AI Tom Cruise's days may be numbered. The app's parent company, ByteDance, has announced that…

17 hours ago

The founders of Kick are in the Club as their new platform comes out of beta

After co-founding the virtual casino Stake.com in 2017, Australian entrepreneurs Bijan Tehrani and Ed Craven set their sights on live streaming…

18 hours ago

They belong in a museum: Australia is putting ten well-known creators into its national archive

As Australia limits teen access to major social media feeds, it is simultaneously preserving a…

19 hours ago

YouTube’s now counting public views from the “first frame,” hoping inflated numbers will help creators negotiate brand deals

YouTube now counts a "view" the instant someone clicks on a video. They don't have…

21 hours ago

Top 5 Branded Videos of the Week: MrBeast and the Mouse

'Tis the season for festive holiday beverages, and some of YouTube's biggest channels are raising…

2 days ago

As YouTube airs Eurovision, TikTok brings back in-house music contest

What do you get when you combine the Eurovision Song Contest, American Idol, and the…

2 days ago