In June 2021, Meta-slash-Instagram hosted the first Creator Week, a three-day, invite-only professional development program for content creators.
Now Creator Week is back for a second go-round—and this time, it’s an actual full week, with virtual programming available for anyone who wants it.
This year’s Creator Week will run from Nov. 1 through Nov. 7, with in-person, invite-only events in Los Angeles, Bali, São Paulo, London, and Delhi. The available-to-everyone virtual programming, meanwhile, will be posted to Instagram’s official @creators account and to the Meta for Creators hub on Facebook.
Subscribe to get the latest creator news
“We’re committed to helping creators grow their community and make a living across our platforms,” Meta tells Tubefilter. “As we work toward the metaverse, our investments aim to empower creators with the cutting-edge tools, education, and resources needed to build creative and financial success—now and in the future.”
Last year’s Creator Week featured guest speakers including JoJo Siwa, 50 Cent, and Yung BBQ. Its events for creators included meetups, interactive workshops, DJs in residence, a drop-in studio where they got custom illustrations for their accounts, a Shark Tank-esque competition called Fund My Merch Line, and a separate but similar contest called Deal Us In where creators pitched video series ideas for Instagram and Facebook.
Guest announcements and programming details for the second Creator Week are forthcoming, but for now, Meta has given Tubefilter a look at the itinerary for the week’s Los Angeles event, on Nov. 2:
- Welcome | Product drops and essential updates hosted by @itsdanielmac with @joyofodu.
- The NFTea | Tech innovator @donalleniii explains the hype.
- Creator Keynote | Get inspired by @karenxcheng’s journey to a million followers and beyond.
- Your Next Brand Deal | Real talk about all-things-money hosted by @marie_mag_.
- Reels Mythbusting + Showcase | Reels juggernaut @kelladactyl highlights stand-out content.
- Afterparty | with a special performance by @doechii.
- Plus: experience “Meme Mountain,” the first Horizon Worlds collaboration with Instagram Reels Creators including @karenxcheng, @donalleniii, @cogey, @tank.sinatra, @influencersinthewild, @itsjakeberg, and Horizon Worlds Builders.
Meta describes this day and the programming planned for Bali, São Paulo, London, and Delhi as “Reels-spiring IRL events,” so it seems pretty clear that Creator Week—like lots of other Meta messaging of late—will focus on urging creators to adopt Instagram’s TikTok copycat Reels.
About Creator Week as a whole, Meta says, “Creators will learn from the greats, dream big for their futures, and get how Meta’s newest tools work for them.”