When Castro decided to quit her job for YouTube, it wasn't because she'd gone viral, or had hit a subscriber milestone. It was because making YouTube videos was the one thing she truly loved to do.
- YouTube’s next misinformation frontier: abortion
Creators On The Rise: Jeanelle Castro left her job to make content. YouTube Shorts turned her channel into a new career.
YouTube Millionaires: Lizzy Capri left her dream job for YouTube. Now she has nearly 8 million subscribers.
During her first year on the job, Capri, on the side, had started making videos with her boyfriend Carter Sharer.
Creators On The Rise: How two talking corgis are taking over the internet
Chris Equale never set out to make the world wide web fall in love with his corgis.
- YouTube bets big on shopping with buyable Beauty Festival, live creator-brand collabs
- Vanessa Guthrie is leaving Snapchat
- YouTube greenlights more ‘Retro Tech,’ ‘Recipe for Change’ in new Black Voices slate
- Night finds its first beauty creator: Safiya Nygaard (Exclusive)
- YouTube Millionaires: ZHC says if you’re a YouTuber and you’re not making Shorts content, you should start “right now”
- Creators On The Rise: The animators behind The Land of Boggs gave up trying to make it on YouTube. Then their channel got 300 million views.
- Instagram thinks the future of memes has “infinite possibilities.” That’s why it’s holding an official MemeCon.
- Whatnot wanted eyes on its ecommerce site. So it made 80,000 viewers work together to win $400,000 in Pokémon prizes.