Instagram head Adam Mosseri took to his Stories over the weekend to shed some light on the company’s previously-announced plans to resurrect chronological feeds.
Mosseri first revealed the launch during an appearance in front of the Senate last week, where he’d been called to testify about child safety. The company ditched chronological feeds in March 2016.
Over the weekend, Mosseri said Instagram is testing two different forms of chronological feeds – both of which are slated to arrive early next year, according to The Verge. In one iteration, users will be able to pick their favorite users, who would show up at the top of feeds chronologically, followed by ranked posts. (Word of a ‘Favorite’ option first emerged in September). The second option would be entirely chronological.
While Mosseri reiterated that Instagram isn’t moving back to chronological feeds unilaterally, “We believe it’s important that people can shape Instagram into what’s best for them,” he said.
During a Q&A, Mosseri also answered questions about action that Instagram is taking to protect younger users – including his call for the formation of an industry body that would implement universal standards and protections for children online.
Topping Tom Brady on the football field is no small ask, but topping him in the realm…
A new report on podcasts found that video shows are "changing the picture" for the…
Duolingo may be dialing back its "unhinged" marketing strategy, but it is still developing eclectic,…
The Tribeca Festival returns this year for its 25th anniversary, and from June 3-14, film…
On the heels of its annual Brandcast presentation, YouTube made more announcements at the Google…
As Elon Musk enters his flop era in federal court, X says it's entering its…