Exactly two weeks ago, Nadine Zylstra—a longtime key exec in YouTube’s now largely gutted Originals sector—announced she was leaving the platform to spearhead a content push at Pinterest.
Now, we’re seeing the sorts of shows she and the rest of Pinterest’s originals team are working on.
Pinterest and content optimization/distribution company Jellysmack have teamed up to produce a five-show slate featuring YouTubers Emmymade (2.81 million subscribers), LaurDIY (8.5 million), Karina Garcia (9.24 million), and Liz Fenwick (674,000), plus Jellysmack’s Black beauty brand Crowned Ladies (141,000 followers on Instagram).
Subscribe to get the latest creator news
Each series includes 18 two- to three-minute episodes intended to “educate, teach, and inspire the Pinterest community,” Jellysmack said in a company blog post. Episodes will premiere weekly.
This is Jellysmack’s first partnership with Pinterest, and also an expansion of Jellysmack’s Creator Program, through which it works with creators like MrBeast and PewDiePie to distribute their YouTube content across numerous platforms.
“Our collaboration with Pinterest is the perfect example of how Jellysmack can add value to both creators and platforms,” Stefanie Schwartz, global head of platform partnerships at Jellysmack, said in a statement. “We’re able to bring the most talented creators to Pinterest and open a new door for our creator partners to expand their audience. It’s a win-win.”
You can see the full slate below (with descriptions provided by Jellysmack/Pinterest):
- Emmy Eats World—”Join everyone’s favorite home chef, Emmymade, as she shares flavorful and inventive recipes from around the world. Easy, family-friendly guides will take you through the process step-by-step, turning once-daunting recipes into delicious kitchen creations.”
- Crowned Ladies—”Crowned Ladies features talented Black stylists and beauticians sharing their favorite tutorials, tips, and tricks. In the first 18 episodes, viewers will enjoy content around self-care, hairstyles, fashion, and so much more.”
- Leave it to Liz—”Crafting guru Liz Fenwick shows how to recreate the home decor looks on your ‘Dream Home’ boards without breaking the bank. Her episodes feature fun and easy tips, whether pinners want to artfully decorate that forgotten corner of their house or turn their space into an inspiration-worthy home.”
- Life’s a Hack with Karina Garcia—”From famed slime queen to savvy new mom, creator Karina Garcia invites fans into her home to share family recipes, her favorite baby products, and must-see mom hacks for any daily routine.”
- Looks with LaurDIY—”Creator Lauren Riihimaki will help pinners stay on top of the hottest trends with fresh looks anyone can make at home. The style expert reveals how to breathe new life into your existing wardrobe with creative and smart ideas.”