On May 14, YouTube will host its first ever YouTube Beauty Festival, a virtual “summit-style” event that’ll feature creators including Michelle Phan, Emma Chamberlain, and Manny MUA, plus celebrities like Paris Hilton, Pharrell Williams, and Jessica Alba.
The livestreamed event will be produced as a YouTube Original. It’ll premiere on YouTube’s Fashion hub, and will be hosted by Derek Blasberg, YouTube’s head of fashion and beauty.
“The world of beauty on YouTube is a universe entirely unto itself,” Blasberg said in a statement. “We’ve seen creators transform from small-town makeup gurus to become their own media empires! I’m especially excited about the creation of YouTube’s official beauty festival because it gives us the opportunity to spotlight diverse creators, amplify new and unique voices in the space, and usher in a new era of beauty on the platform where it all began.”
Subscribe for daily Tubefilter Top Stories
The festival will feature a range of panels about various niches and subjects of the fashion and beauty industry, plus wellness and health tips and “important conversations about amplifying diversity and equity across the beauty landscape,” YouTube says.
Scheduled segments include:
- Pharrell Glow, featuring Williams in conversation with YouTube creators
- Ask a Drag Queen with Bob the Drag Queen and Monét X Change
- Wild Gadgets with Emma Chamberlain
- The History of Beauty with Michelle Phan, YouTube’s first beauty creator
- Black Beauty Founder Roundtable, moderated by YouTube’s head of beauty creators, Chanel Tyler
- Getting Ready Together to #StopAsianHate, hosted by YouTube’s partner manager for fashion and beauty, Grace Guan
Other attending creators and celebrities include Sylvia Gani, Hyram Yarbro, Asia Jackson, Patrick Starrr, Miranda Kerr, and Millie Bobby Brown. More guests will be announced soon, per YouTube.
The YouTube Beauty Festival will stream May 14 beginning at 4 p.m. Eastern.