Ahead of its planned public offering, TikTok competitor Triller is launching a linear programming bid featuring 40 half-hour shows fronted by a bevy of celebrities and digital stars.
“The Triller audience made it clear they wanted more direct content, that offers a closer look into the lives of social media stars, musicians and other celebrities focused on music, sports, influencers, fashion and lifestyle,” Triller cofounder and chairman Bobby Sarnevesht said in a statement.
Planned series include Jennifer Lopez in the Morning, where titular J.Lo will walk viewers through a morning beauty routine using items from her cosmetics brand; The D’Amelio Family Must Have’s, where the TikTok family will “review their favorite new products, highlighting small, but innovative businesses and brands across the world”; a workout series from rapper 2 Chainz; and a Perez Hilton talk show that Triller says will be “a new and exclusive destination for Gen Z, reality TV show stars, and celeb gossip.”
TrillerTV as a whole will be overseen by longtime businessman/film financier/producer Ryan Kavanaugh–who, like Sarnevesht, bought a majority stake in Triller in 2019.
In a statement, Kavanaugh said the lineup is “unlike anything we have seen.”
TrillerTV is “like the dream network,” he added, “to be able to see the real lives of today’s favorite influencers…we really believe we have created the network for today’s audience.”
Shows are set to debut next week; it’s not clear how long they will run. Triller says they will air on Triller.TV, but at press time, that URL is not functioning.
You can see a shortlist of TrillerTV programming below (with descriptions provided by Triller):
- Jennifer Lopez In the Morning: Watch award-winning singer, actress, producer, entertainer, and businesswoman walk us through her morning routine using her newly launched, JLO Beauty collection!
- The D’Amelio Family’s Must Have’s: The members of America’s beloved D’Amelio family review their favorite new products, highlighting small, but innovative businesses and brands across the world.
- DJ Khaled in Da House: What is DJ Khaled up to when he is bored in lockdown in his house? Find out as he takes you through his life to experience the hilarity, warmth and soul of his family.
- Hanging with the Hype: Join the Hype House gang as they give you an inside peek into the crazy and unexpected.
- Ur Luv’d: The Noah Beck Show: Noah and Curtis Newbill dive deep into modern day love as they field questions from heartbroken fans.
- Let’s Do It: Ever wonder how a 2-time winner, 5-time nominee artist works out? 2 Chainz shows us his workout routine and breaks down the moves.
- Too Tired to Be Crazy: Violet Benson brings her widely popular dating podcast to Triller TV each week where she tells you exactly why he’s ghosting you, how to move on and fall in love with yourself instead. From mental health, to living a positive life, to changing your perspective to become the woman you’re meant to be, Violet creates a safe space to amplify the voices of young women today.
- Fat Joe’s Masterclass: Five-time Grammy nominated artist, actor and journalist Fat Joe has made his mark on the music industry. Now, the legendary artist invites you into learning about the process for making it in music.
- The Perez Hilton Show: Hollywood’s know-it-all, larger than life personality, Perez Hilton gives you a new and exclusive destination for Gen Z, reality TV show stars, and celeb gossip.