Ellen DeGeneres‘ digital empire now spans more than 186 million social media followers, and the daytime talk show host is planning some new pieces of content to share with those fans. During the Ellen Digital Network‘s presentation at the 2018 NewFronts, its execs revealed several upcoming programs, including a partnership with YouTube star Hannah Hart.
As part of the deal, Hart will host a show that will be distributed across the Ellen Digital Network, which includes the video platform Ellentube. While details about the show are slim, we do know it will give Hart the opportunity to dispense advice to people who are facing big life decisions. Hart already has some experience in the self-help world thanks to her podcast Hannahlyze This, which she launched back in February.
The Ellen Digital Network also plans to bring back Momsplaining, a parenting series starring Kristen Bell, for a second season. The Good Place star, herself a mother of two, will return to answer more questions posed by expectant mothers. The first season of Momsplaining premiered back in January and reportedly received more than 80 million views during its first four weeks of activity.
Subscribe to get the latest creator news
The presentation also included more details about the Ellen Digital Network’s partnership with Kalen Allen, the amateur food critic who caught DeGeneres’ eye after his histrionic reviews of outlandish recipes went viral late last year. Since joining the Ellen family with a content deal, Allen has received more than 186 million views.
Here, via a press release, are details about all the projects the Ellen Digital Network discussed at Newfronts:
Ellen Digital Studios Content Slate:
- Momsplaining with Kristen Bell (Season 2): EDN and Johnson’s Baby are teaming up for the highly anticipated second season of Momsplaining starring the multi-talented actress and mother-of-two Kristen Bell. The original digital series shows moms how to master motherhood with Kristen’s help – she may not be an expert, but that won’t stop her from giving advice. Kristen infuses her one-of-a-kind humor into every day, relatable activities.
- FANtastic: An original digital series that connects Ellen’s celebrity friends with their idols. The celebrities will get the surprise of a lifetime when they meet their all-time favorite superstars in hilarious and unpredictable ways.
- tWitch Please…Help Me Dance!: In partnership with Buick, the original digital series features tWitch lending his skills and teaching people around the country how to dance. From teaching a teenager who wants to surprise their prom date to creating a flash mob, tWitch is bringing all the right moves to make each event memorable.
- Internet Sensation Kalen Allen: Ellen discovered Kalen after seeing his hilarious “Kalen Reacts” videos reviewing online recipes. After joining forces and inking an overall content deal, Kalen boasts an impressive 186 million views across all ELLEN platforms. The viral star continues to entertain in the digital space with his hilarious commentary covering topics ranging from food to fashion and more.
- #BeeKind starring Beth Behrs: A mini-social series in partnership with Cheerios that features the variety of ways bees contribute to daily life starring bee-utiful actress and part-time bee crusader Beth Behrs. The series will post on Ellen’s Instagram (@theellenshow) in May 2018.
- Untitled Hannah Hart Project: An original digital series hosted by content creator and lover of love Hannah Hart. Each episode centers around helping individuals in need of some love related advice to prepare them for a life-changing event. Whether it’s popping the question or something of equal value, Hart coaches some lucky individuals to make their special day an unforgettable experience.