Digital production company Rooster Teeth has announced a new talk programming slate for 2017 — with 12 total shows that will premiere on the company’s SVOD platform, FIRST, before rolling out to YouTube, the iTunes Podcast app, and other free platforms.
The slate includes the flagship Rooster Teeth podcast, hosted by the company’s co-founders, Burnie Burns and Gus Sorola — which is back for its ninth year and averages more than half a million views and listens per episode — as well as a brand new series titled Relationship Goals. Relationship Goals, debuting on Valentine’s Day, features Rooster Teeth co-founder Geoff Ramsey and his wife, Griffon Ramsey, talking about modern love.
“Our talk shows create a real-time forum for our audience to engage with each other and the talent they know and love, whether that’s through playing a game of Dungeons & Dragons or recounting the ridiculous things that happened today at our studio,” said Rooster Teeth’s director of programming, Evan Bregman. “This year, we’ll have at least one talk show airing on FIRST every day of the week.”
A FIRST membership begins at $4.99 per month, and Rooster Teeth says it has 200,000 FIRST subscribers.
Here’s the complete list of Rooster Teeth’s new podcast slate with some brief descriptions and airdates straight from the source:
- Going into its ninth year and averaging more than half a million views and listens per episode, the Rooster Teeth Podcast continues to delve into anything and everything hosts and Rooster Teeth co-founders Burnie Burns and Gus Sorola want to talk about. A rotating cast of Rooster Teeth influencers and celebrity friends join Burns, Sorola and podcast regulars Gavin Free and Barbara Dunkelman on the living room-like set. The Rooster Teeth Podcast airs live every Monday at 5p CT as part of Rooster Teeth’s Monday live block.
- On the Spot is back live on Fridays at 5p CT starting January 20th. Hosted by Rooster Teeth influencer Jon Risinger and starring a cast of Rooster Teeth influencers with special guests, this game show pits two teams against each other in a variety of improv games, mostly rooted in internet culture (including an Urban Dictionary word challenge). Past contestants have included Tyler Oakley, Game Grumps, Paul Scheer, Brent Morin, Zach Anner, and Colton Dunn.
- Off Topic continues to be a madcap, off-the-wall podcast where anything can happen. Every Friday at noon, the lads and lasses of Achievement Hunter, including stalwarts Michael Jones and Geoff Ramsey, congregate in the Off Topic bar to start day-drinking and discuss the important questions in life. Special guests drop by to give their two cents, or to completely derail the conversation, whatever works. Off Topic airs live every Friday at 12p CT.
- Relationship Goals – Rooster Teeth co-founder and Achievement Hunter host Geoff Ramsey teams up with real-life wife Griffon Ramsey to talk about modern relationships and what love is in 2017. Featuring music by a jerry-curled sax player, Relationship Goals is relationship real-talk (with a pinch of sass). New episodes premiere every month starting Valentine’s Day, Tuesday February 14.
- Let Me Clarify (Working title) – Viewers ask their craziest science questions, then it’s up to Gus Sorola and Chris Demarais to match wits with evolutionary biologist Sally Le Page and get the answers. No science theory is too dumb, but someone on this panel probably is. (It’s Chris.) New episodes air every Sunday starting January 29.
- Heroes & Halfwits – Join Rooster Teeth and Achievement Hunter favorites Geoff Ramsey, Gus Sorola, Ryan Haywood, Michael Jones and a regular rotating cast of plucky contenders for easily the weirdest D&D game you’ve ever seen. New episodes premiere every other week on Tuesdays.
- Twits & Crits – Fisticuffs, gender-bending, mutilation, love affairs, magic, hacking, and so much drinking. It’s all here in our Funhaus D&D adventure! Follow the misadventures of the Funhaus crew including Lawrence Sonntag, Bruce Greene, Adam Kovic, James Willems, Elyse Willems, Matt Peake, and Daniel Schneider on their epic D&D campaign. Twits & Crits airs Mondays only on FIRST.
- Theater Mode – The crew from Achievement Hunter are determined to sit through some of the worst movies ever made, and they want you to suffer with them. Join Geoff Ramsey, Jack Pattillo, Michael Jones, Ryan Haywood, and Jeremy Dooley as they hilariously destroy the most unintentionally funny films out there. Theater Mode returns on Fridays starting Jan 20, only on FIRST.
- Dude Soup – Jump in the Dude Soup — all the gaming, nerd culture, and meat-packing industry commentary you can handle, from the minds of the guys and girl, and dog, of the Funhaus channel: hosted by Lawrence Sonntag and featuring Bruce Greene, Adam Kovic, James Willems, and Elyse Willems. Dude Soup airs Mondays at 3p CT as part of the Monday live block.
- Try Hard – You know how the best conversations you have with your friends are when you’re in a car driving somewhere for long distances? That’s what this podcast is like. Join Craig Skistimas, Shaun Bolen, Chad James, and Sam Mitchell on the amazing, random journey every Monday at 7p CT as part of the Monday live block.
- Always Open – Always Open is the chat show version of sitting in a diner booth with your friends after a long night out. Hosted by Barbara Dunkelman, a top Rooster Teeth talent known for the award-winning Rooster Teeth Podcast and globally renowned anime RWBY, Always Open discusses sex, relationships, drinking, and much more in an open, candid format.
Death Battle Cast – Join the cast of Death Battle for their weekly podcast as they talk about what’s going on in “nerd” culture, give you behind the scenes insight into Death Battle episodes, and interact with the community. Death Battle Cast is a podcast produced by Rooster Teeth’s gaming channel Screw Attack.