YouTube is in the midst of pulling off an elaborate and very ridiculous April Fools’ Day hoax, but it is hardly the only website getting in on the fun. Here are a few of our other favorites from around the online video sphere:
- By now, you’ve probably seen the Google Nose joke video, but the company’s way funnier Gmail Blue video, which is a thinly veiled dig at Bing, is worth watching.
- Hulu is pretending to debut a host of new shows based on jokes from TV shows it already offers. The tongue-in-cheek presentation of the “85th anniversary” of The Itchy and Scratchy Show is funny, but my favorite was a reference to Community‘s Inspector Spacetime gag, which is already its own independent web series. It’s a series referencing a series that spins off a series within a series.
- Netflix is mocking its own hyper-specific categories with some hyper-hyper-specific joke categories such as “TV shows where crossed arms means business,” “Reality TV about people with no concept of reality,” and “Movies featuring an epic Nicholas Cage meltdown.” Joke’s on them, because I’m in the mood for some Wicker Man today.
- Vimeo is now a cat-based platform called Vimeow. Meow.
- 5secondfilms spun off its funny series of Cinco de Mayo videos with a serious explanation of the history of April Fools’ Day. Funny and educational!
- Finally, the cast of Pineapple Express got together to do a fake trailer for a fake sequel. It’s actually funnier than Pineapple Express.
Got any good ones we missed? Let us know in the comments!