It’s springtime in Los Angeles. But in a city that’s 72 degrees and sunny 90% of the time, how do you know that spring has sprung? It’s Digital Hollywood time!
The semi-annual conference is a massive event that aims to cover the art and business of the intersection of entertainment and digital technology. Panels, dinners and several co-located events will take place at the Ritz Carlton Hotel in the Spring 2012 incarnation of the event at the Marina del Rey from Monday, April 30th through Thursday, May 3rd.
The full agenda can be found here, but in order to help out Tubefilter readers, we’ve noted a few sessions and panels that may be of special interest to those in the online video industry.
Monday, April 30th – Highlighted sessions:
- 10:00 AM – 11:15 AM: Digital Media 101 – The Primer – Multiplatform Trends, Search and Social, Deals and Financings – A Prep Course for Getting the Most Out of Digital Hollywood
- 1:00 PM – 2:15 PM: The New Hollywood Equation – Content Owners, New Platforms, Agents & Commerce
- 1:45 PM – 2:30 PM: Yahoo! Comedy and How To Turn Your Funny Idea Into a Web Series
Tuesday, May 1 – Highlighted sessions:
- 9:00 AM – 10:15 AM: Over the Top TV – Content and the Consumer Experience – New Technologies as Gateway to the New Hollywood
- 10:45 AM – 12 Noon: Multi-Screen Universe: TV, Tablets, Broadband, Smartphones and IPTV – Strategies for ConnectedTV Technology & Content
- Special Workshop: Investment, Funding Strategies and Deal Flow – A Primer for Content and Technology Companies. Part I: Understanding Funding and Strategy
- 10:45 AM- 11:30 AM: The Art of the Deal: Pointers, Advice and Hands-on Tools from Master Negotiators.
- 11:00 AM – 11:45 AM: Think Tank: The Conflict – The Investment vs. the Content: The Story Driven Approach to Content vs. The Business Model and the Advertiser
- 1:00 PM – 1:45 PM: ThinkTank B: Hollywood Green Lights – One Screen – Two Screens – Social TV – YouTube TV, Yahoo, X-Box TV – There’s a Digital Revolution Out There!
- 2:30 PM – 3:15 PM: Reinventing the Television Model: Are Digital Platforms the New TV Networks?
- 3:50 PM – 5:00 PM: The Hollywood Producer – The Real Deal: Reinventing the Strategy, the Platforms and the Revenue Streams
If you’re in LA this week, enjoy the weather and the conference. If your’e in NYC, enjoy the weather and the last few days of the Digital Content NewFronts. And if you’re anywhere else, we wish you enjoyable weather and a great time keeping up to speed with these events – and more – on Tubefilter.