TikTok and ByteDance have ramped up their lobbying campaigns in D.C. as they hope to avoid a nationwide ban in the U.S.
shou zi chew
- TikTok’s CEO wants us to believe the app’s U.S. data is secure. A new report suggests otherwise.
TikTok and ByteDance have spent at least $13.4 million on U.S. lobbying since 2019
In front of Congress, TikTok’s CEO was a pariah. In China, he’s a hero.
Shou Zi Chew's five-hour appearance in Congress has made him a national hero in China, where he is a symbol of anti-American resistance.
Here are three big takeaways from TikTok CEO Shou Zi Chew’s Congressional testimony
TikTok CEO Shou Zi Chew appeared in Congress and sparred with the House Energy and Commerce Committee about Project Texas.
- TikTok is sending influencers to Washington, D.C. to lobby on its behalf
- TikTok touts “unprecedented levels of transparency” at its new Los Angeles facility
- Will the U.S. ban TikTok? The app’s CEO will plead his case.
- State governments are banning TikTok, and global leaders are applauding the effort
- Some tech companies are enduring layoffs. TikTok is hiring.
Subscribe for daily Tubefilter Top Stories