Fellman, a longtime artist, originally started his freelance design business in 2018, shortly after expanding his 2D art skills to 3D modeling and animation. His productions skewed toward (as he puts it) "dry, explanatory content" about manufacturing and luxe electronics--a busy niche that he knew would easily amount to 40 hours a week once he was out of school. Despite that assurance, though, he wanted to pad his established client base to be sure his full-time work would stay full-time.
Creators on the Rise
- Creators On The Rise: Austin Sprinz Uploads At Least 4 Videos A Day—And They’re Netting Him Nearly A Billion Views A Month
Creators On The Rise: Jake Fellman’s YouTube Channel Was Supposed To Advertise His Animation Skills. 5 Billion Views Later, It’s His Career.
Creators On The Rise: How DankScole’s 30-Day YouTube Shorts Experiment Became A Full-Time Career
When the shortform video platform rolled out in the U.S. earlier this year, the 24-year-old creator (who IRL goes by Shanice Cole) was primarily focused on growing her TikTok presence.
Creators On The Rise: Cam Casey Spent The Past Year Conquering TikTok And Snapchat. Now He’s Making His Move On YouTube Shorts.
As a high schooler, Casey--who’s now 19 and based in Los Angeles--dreamed of being a YouTuber. He launched his channel in 2017 and filled it with a range of clips about travel and trendy topics like Fortnite, but despite his efforts (and objectively impressive cinematography), his content failed to net him a sizable following.
- Creators On The Rise: Lisa Nguyen Has Always Loved Food. Now A Million People Are Watching Her Learn To Make It.
- Creators On The Rise: The Beverly Halls’ “Imperfectly Blended” Family Is Bringing In 550+ Million Views A Month
- Creators On The Rise: SeanDoesMagic Conjured 3 Million Subscribers And Almost 1 Billion Views In 4 Months
- Creators On The Rise: Jaden Sprinz Sparked TikTok’s Fruit Jelly Craze In 2020. Now He’s Netting 530 Million Views A Month On YouTube.
- Creators On The Rise: Prehistoric Pets Was Averaging 6 Million Views A Month On YouTube. Last Month It Got 220 Million.
- Creators On The Rise: How Alan Chikin Chow Got 7 Million People To Laugh At His “Shower Thoughts”
- Creators On The Rise: Alyssa McKay’s “Rich Girl” Persona Is The Star Of Her Character-Driven Content Strategy
- Creators On The Rise: iamdices’ Comedic Takes On The Wonders Of The Human Body Grew His Channel From 46,000 Views To 50 Million