YouTube will mark our exit from this hell year with Hello 2021, a live New Year’s Eve Original featuring appearances and performances from dozens of celebrities and public figures.
Hello 2021 actually consists of five separate programs; each of the five will count down to midnight in a specific region, and will feature guests prominent in said region. Here are the five streams:
- Hello 2021: Americas–hosted by Juanpa Zurita and Storm Reid, with guests including the D’Amelio family, Emma Chamberlain, Marques Brownlee, Dude Perfect, Brad Mondo, ZHC, the Dolan Twins, Larray, Matthew McConaughey, Demi Lovato, RuPaul, Dua Lipa, J Balvin, YG, Karol G, and Kane Brown. Begins at 10:30 p.m. Eastern Dec. 31.
- Hello 2021: U.K.–with guests including Behzinga, Big Narstie, Katherine Ryan, Michael Coel, Kurupt FM, Yammy, WillNE, Holly H, Natasia Demetriou, Dua Lipa, Anne-Marie, MNEK with Joel Corry, and Aitch & AJ Tracey. Begins at 10:30 p.m. GMT, Dec. 31.
- Hello 2021: Korea–hosted by Sechan Yang and Jesung Hwang, with guests including GGILGGIL Market, Tester Hoon, and Balming Tiger. Begins at 11 p.m. KST, Dec. 31.
- Hello 2021: Japan–hosted by Orutana Channel and Mochizuki Rie, featuring Tokai On Air, Puritto Channel, Emirin, Paparapys, Skypeace, Vamyun, Dekakin, Hanaodengan, and M.S.S. Project. Begins at 11:45 p.m. JST, Dec. 31.
- Hello 2021: India–featuring Dua Lipa, Tiger Shroff, Badshah, Zakir Khan, Jonita Gandhi, Benny Dayal, and Aastha Gill. Begins at 11 p.m. IST, Dec. 31.
YouTube says more guests for each stream will be announced in the coming weeks. Among the events scheduled for Hello 2021 are recognition of influential creators, exclusive live musical performances, and a pop culture quiz show. (It’s worth noting that YouTube has elected not to put out a 2020 Rewind, so perhaps the creator nods normally embedded in those year-end roundup videos will be distributed during Hello 2021 instead.)
Subscribe for daily Tubefilter Top Stories
“With the world ready to move past an extremely challenging year, YouTube will use its global reach to celebrate the hope and promise of 2021,” Susanne Daniels, YouTube’s global head of original content, said in a statement. “We look forward to closing the book on 2020 and throwing a worldwide celebration that our YouTube community can safely enjoy from home.”