MrBeast and 32 other top YouTubers are ready to rock.
Rock-paper-scissors, that is.
The famously generous YouTuber (IRL name: Jimmy Donaldson) snagged a spot on YouTube’s slate of COVID-19 originals, and is using it to host a long-distance, livestreamed creator vs. creator tournament. Creators are sorted into 16 starting brackets; winners from those will compete against winners from other starters, and winners from those will compete, and so on, until one YouTuber emerges victorious. Their prize: a $250,000 donation to the coronavirus aid organization of their choice.
When the special was announced earlier this week, Donaldson tweeted that it’d be chock-full of “the biggest influencers.” As of now, he’s revealed 16 of the tourney’s participants, and they are indeed some of YouTube’s most well-known creators.
Here are the starting matchups:
- David Dobrik (16.9M subscribers, 250M views per month) vs. Tana Mongeau (5.34 million, 15M)
- Jeffree Star (18M, 70M) vs. Casey Neistat (12M, 25M)
- FaZe Rug (15.2M, 90M) vs. iJustine (6.4M, 15M)
- Mini Ladd (5.73M, 17M) vs. Chris Ramsay (3.84M, 20M)
- Valkyrae (896K, 2M) vs. Kwebbelkop (12.5M, 100M)
- Yes Theory (5.34M, 25M) vs. KSI (8.6M, 50M)
- Mark Rober (11M, 60M) vs. LaurDIY (8.92M, 10M)
- MatPat (12.5M, 30M) vs. Matt Stonie (11.2M, 60M)
Donaldson will broadcast the event from his YouTube channel–where he has 34.2 million subscribers and nets 300 million views per month–on April 25 at 6 p.m. EST.
MrBeast is not the only YouTuber hosting a special on YouTube’s new slate. Matt Steffanina (11.7M, 30M) has an International Dance Day broadcast coming April 29, Lele Pons (16.1M, 100M) is the star of a five-part docuseries set for debut May 19, and Luisito Comunica (31.1M, 200M) and Juanpa Zurita (10.2M, 10M) are creating a documentary about people affected by COVID-19 that’ll bow sometime in May.