K-pop supergroup BTS is continuing its YouTube reign.
The band’s latest music video for “Fake Love” (below) has cinched the 2018 record for the most-viewed YouTube video on the day of its release. “Fake Love,” which debuted last Friday, nabbed 4.8 million views within its first hour on YouTube, and ultimately went on to clock 35.9 million views in one day.
Those numbers make “Fake Love” the third-biggest 24-hour video debut of all time, according to YouTube, following Taylor Swift’s “Look What You Made Me Do” (43.2 million views) and Psy’s “Gentleman” (36 million views). And BTS is the only musical act to have two videos on YouTube’s list of the top 10 biggest 24-hour video debuts. BTS’ “DNA,” released last September, amassed 22 million views in a single day, coming in at No. 9 on the list.
Additionally, “Fake Love” set the record for the most ‘likes’ on a YouTube video in a single day, clocking a total of 3.9 million. (BTS also holds the records for the second and third most-liked videos with “DNA” and “MIC Drop” (Steve Aoki Remix) — both of which amassed 2.3 million likes in one day. The seven-man band, launched in 2013 by Korean entertainment company Big Hit Entertainment, has arguably become the most successful group in the K-pop genre to garner stateside acclaim. The group also headlined a YouTube Red series in March titled Burn The Stage.
Check out the full list of the biggest 24-hour video debuts, courtesy of YouTube, below:
- Taylor Swift – “Look What You Made Me Do” (43.2 million views)
- PSY – “Gentleman” (36 million views)
- BTS – “Fake Love” (35.9 million views)
- Nicky Jam x J. Balvin – “X (Equis)” (29.7 million views)
- Adele – “Hello” (26.3 million views)
- Daddy Yankee, RedOne, French Montana & Dinah Jane – “Boom Boom” (24.1 million views)
- Miley Cyrus – “Wrecking Ball” (22.6 million views)
- Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee – “Despacito (Remix Audio)” ft. Justin Bieber (22.4 million views)
- BTS – “DNA” (22.3 million views)
- Major Lazer – “Sua Cara” (feat. Anitta & Pabllo Vittar) (20.2 million views)