As it is wont to do, Studio71 is working with its partner channels to launch new show across the web. The digital media company’s pitch at the 2018 NewFronts included the announcement several creator-led initiatives, including three new series for React producer Fine Brothers Entertainment (FBE).
The new programs, like many of the 25 shows FBE produces each week, will be based around reactions, internet culture, and trending topics. Poker Face, for example, will pit FBE cast members against one another across a series of games that are, to quote a press release, inspired by “trending internet challenges.” Another upcoming program, Measure Up, which ask participants to compare consumer goods against one another. In the third newcomer, Will A Baby, FBE will implore babies to interact with various objects, including bacon, kittens, and other things the internet loves.
FBE co-founder Rafi Fine (pictured above) wasn’t the only YouTube star who showed up during Studio71’s NewFronts spiel. The presentation also included appearances from Jon Cozart, ASAPScience, Grace Helbig, and Mamrie Hart, all of whom told attendant advertisers how creators and brands can work together. Studio71 also offered more information about Context, the brand safety tool it launched last month.
Here, via a press release, are details on all of the projects Studio71 discussed during its event:
New Studio71 partnerships include:
- A strategic partnership with FBE (Fine Brothers Entertainment), a global media company that produces TV shows and films, is known for some of the longest running and most popular digital formats and is an expert in building community online. FBE currently produces fifteen (15) serialized shows every week for over 30 million subscribers. The company’s shows receive over 300 million views online each month, and its channels overall have over 10 billion lifetime video views across scripted, non-scripted, animated, and interactive content. The partnership between FBE and Studio71 will primarily focus on bringing high-level brands into the FBE fold through custom integrations and direct media campaigns
- A partnership with leading YouTube educational duo AsapSCIENCE. AsapSCIENCE takes the underpinnings of biology, chemistry, physics, and other sciences and applies them to everyday life through fun examples. AsapSCIENCE has amassed a YouTube following of over 7 million subscribers and over 700 million views, supported by collaborations with Bill Nye, Neil DeGrasse Tyson, and Karlie Kloss. Studio71 will be expanding AsapSCIENCE’s branded content business and advertising capabilities.
New programming debuting in 2018 from Studio71 includes:
- New season for Good Mythical Morning. Famously quick-witted and always adventurous hosts Rhett & Link are gearing up for Season 14 of Good Mythical Morning, the biggest daily show on the Internet. Good Mythical Morning, which averages 100 million monthly views, speaks to a highly engaged, global, 18-34 audience and is 100 percent brand-friendly, with unique creative you won’t find on traditional TV. Season 14 of Good Mythical Morning sees the show return to a one-segment, 12-15-minute daily episode, and will begin airing on YouTube in mid-August. Good Mythical Morning‘s ratings on a Live and Live + 7 basis are hot on the heels of Kimmel and Fallon, and handily beat those of other daily talk/variety peers like Corden, Meyers, The Daily Show and Conan.
- Season 14 of Good Mythical Morning will welcome a Saturday component show, Let’s Talk About That where every week Rhett & Link will be joined by Good Mythical MorningExecutive Producer, Stevie Wynne Levine, to discuss their favorite moments from the week, reveal special behind-the-scenes secrets and extra material, interact with fans and different Mythical crew members, delve into personal stories, and more!
- Three new shows from FBE. In FBE’s tradition of creating engaging shows that often have an element of social experiment we have Measure Up, Poker Face and Will A Baby.
- In Measure Up teen, parent and elder generations team up and compete to see if they can Measure Up similar consumer products in a battle of price ‘guesstimations’ and product testing. Measure Up features different generations finding out how in or out of touch they are with consumer goods, and allows all consumers at home to play along in the fun and answer the age-old question, “Does price matter?”
- On Poker Face people compete in a classic game of manipulation and wit combined with trending internet challenges to see if the players and the audience can guess who’s lying… or else. Poker Face puts two people against each other, where one person has to trick the other player into choosing the ‘bad’ option. Contestants who choose the negative result wind up grossed out, frightened or really messy.
- Will a Baby…eat bacon? Will a Baby… pet a kitten? Will a Baby… eat a lemon? In Will A Baby, we pair a baby with something they might not usually interact with and see what they would do! Will a Baby will be a short and consumable 3-5 minutes of cuteness.
- Season two of This Might Get starring Grace Helbig and Mamrie Hart. Real-life best friends and internet megastars, Grace Helbig and Mamrie Hart host most fun show on the internet, This Might Get. The Kathie Lee & Hoda for the YouTube generation, Grace and Mamrie do what they do best, make each other laugh while spreading their unique wisdom to their loyal fan base who have come to love their perfectly timed puns and one-of-a-kind humor. Five episodes a week, each episode focusing on a modern-day topic, meme, or pop culture event will be the focus of this female driven show. Upcoming guests include: Tyler Henry (The Hollywood Medium), Anthony Padilla, Flula, Tyler Oakley, Tana, Brittany Furlan and Mayim Bialik.
- Expanded programming form Lilly Singh. Multifaceted comedian, entertainer and actress Lilly Singh produces and stars in hilarious, inspirational and brand-friendly videos on her YouTube channel IISuperwomanII. Amassing over 13 million subscribers and more than 2.5 billion lifetime views, her elevated short-form comedy sketches draw in a hyper-engaged, global and 13-24 audience who declare themselves as “Team Super”. From telling your parents about your boyfriend to the types of best friends, each 5- 10-minute episode showcases comedic scenarios and characters her audience can relate to. She has featured stars on her channel such as The Rock, Selena Gomez, Will Smith, John Legend, Chelsea Handler, Nick Jonas, Karlie Kloss, Charlize Theron, Priyanka Chopra and many more.
- New content pillars from Dwayne Johnson and Dany Garcia’s Seven Bucks Digital Studios. Anchored around the four key pillars of Courage, Strength & Discipline, Gratitude and Service, the new content slate from Seven Bucks Digital Studios (SBDS) will align naturally with the slate of global projects anticipated from the Seven Bucks Enterprises in 2018, while continuing to evolve as new campaigns and ventures are revealed. The SBDS content will continue to provide authentic and in-depth access to the Seven Bucks world by sharing the unique culture, passion, camaraderie and experiences that encompass this ever-expanding brand. Programming will include a body transformation series helmed by Dwayne Johnson’s strength, conditioning and nutrition coach, as he gives audiences an exclusive behind-the-scenes look into the workouts and diet regimens that allow Johnson to transform his body for each new role. Viewers can also expect a travelogue profiling the most iconic and innovative gyms around the world, fan favorite series like Rock Reacts as well as glimpses into Johnson’s experiences on the road while promoting upcoming films like Skyscraper, Fighting With My Family and more.