This afternoon more than 450 brand advertisers, marketers, agencies, and digital and TV media buyers gathered at the AOL Digital Content NewFront at Highline Stages in NYC—and they got a big surprise.
Tim Armstrong, Chairman and CEO of AOL, announced the AOL On Network, which brings AOL’s entire video offering under one umbrella and will offer a curated video experience with 14 content channels reaching nearly 60MM viewers across multiple sites and connected TV devices.
Subscribe for daily Tubefilter Top Stories
At the center of the experience is the AOL On video hub, a destination that showcases AOL’s original, partner, and branded video content.
“AOL is a brand company. We offer innovative platforms like the AOL On Network, along with vibrant and engaging video content that we know people are flocking to the Web to consume at an unprecedented velocity,” said Armstrong. “With the launch of AOL On we are bringing people closer to the things that matter, while helping them discover and share the stories and information that color their lives.”
AOL Original Programming Series Announced Today:
- Digital Justice – Live today on AOL On Tech and HuffPost Crime, Digital Justice is a weekly reality show that follows digital forensic investigators as they solve cyber crimes. The series deep dives into fascinating crime prevention units that are using the latest digital technology.
- Fetching – Written by Sex and the City’s Amy Harris, Fetching is set against the backdrop of New York City and stars Liza – a young woman who quit her job as a lawyer and ended her engagement in the same week—in hopes of pursuing her dreams of opening her own business, a doggy daycare store called “Fetching.”
- Little Women Big Cars – Debuting on May 7, the web series is centered around four soccer moms struggling to balance their busy schedules, family lives and sanity.
- Next Door Hero – A new, unscripted series that features everyday Americans with extraordinary stories. This new series will put an action-filled spotlight on America’s bravest everyday heroes.
- Tiger Beat Entertainment – A deeper, more thoughtful lifestyle and entertainment show for and by teens and young adults covering a wide variety of pop culture and lifestyle categories with a genuine point of view.
- ur + 1 – Similar to popular sports-related fantasy games, the ur + 1 gaming platform will allow users to pick teams of celebrities to compete for points based on their coverage on AOL properties. Celebrity-related content across HuffPost Celebrity,HuffPost Entertainment, Moviefone, AOL Music and HuffPost TV will be a part of the gaming experience, encouraging users to read, comment and share the content.
Tuesday, April 24, 2012