We get it, you can’t all check in at Tubefilter every few hours, or maybe you even—gasp!—skip a day. So sometimes you just need a little refresher of what you missed. That’s why we’re bringing this back by popular demand, The Friday Rewind, a delicious little recap of the top stories of the week on Tubefilter News.
This week saw a handful of teen drama premieres, like Generate/TheWB’s The Lake from director Jason Priestley, and Alloy’s prep school mystery drama Private. And guest contributor Gennefer Snowfield returned for another well-received informative piece on the fallacy of competition between web series. Creators took her “Form Your Own League of Extraordinary Super Series” call to action to heart, setting off a Twitter discussion that led to the emergence of a #SciFiCollective of series. We’re curious to see what develops from this pack.
And NYTVF announced their official selections for the September festival which includes several web series, many of which are well known to Tubefilter regulars. Top stories of the week:
- ‘The Lake’ Premieres On TheWB, Jason Priestley Talks Web
- As ‘Private’ Debuts, Has Alloy Quietly Found Web TV’s Formula?
- The Only Competition For Web Series Is UNawareness
- Anatomy of a Deal: ‘Circle of 8′ – Paramount, MySpace and Mountain Dew
- NYTVF Announces Selections, Loads of Web Series Make Cut