There’s gold in them thar hills. And by gold we mean revenue and hills we mean YouTube.
The point we’re making—and prepare yourself for an alliterative onslaught of mixed metaphors below—is that many creators are letting money slip through the cracks because other people are stealing their content. And what you’ll learn on Tubefilter’s expert-packed (and free!) online panel on Tuesday, August 11, 2020 is just how much this can add up to. Spoiler alert: it can be a lot.
Join Matthew (MatPat) and Stephanie Patrick from The Game Theorists, Devin J. Stone from LegalEagle, Amber Howard from TalentX Gaming, and Rian Bosak from SuperBam as we explore what a Digital Rights Management (DRM) strategy is, how it works, how it can help you, and how not to abuse your newfound power. Discussion topics will include:
- Free Funds: Your existing videos can make additional revenue for you through content identification and claiming.
- Fair Use (and Abuse): Is all fair in claims and ContentID? What counts as fair use? How do you protect your copyrighted content? How can you be ethically responsible in what you’re claiming and what content you’re using?
- Monetized Marketing: Turn pirates into your publicists—and earn while you build awareness.
- Directed Development: Ripped and repurposed videos can inform your future content strategy.
- Your Questions Answered: Have questions about Digital Rights Management? Need help understanding an idiosyncrasy of Content ID? Trying to figure out what actually constitutes Fair Use? And what doesn’t? We’ll do our best to get you the answers.