Last week, Felix ‘PewDiePie’ Kjellberg took a moment to mourn the loss of his YouTube Red series, Scare PewDiePie, which YouTube cancelled last month in the wake of a series of anti-Semitic jokes on Kjellberg’s channel, and which was supposed to premiere last Thursday, he says.

Kjellberg shared an image for the second season of the series on Twitter, which features the subtitle ‘Multiplayer’ and sees Kjellberg squaring off against friend and fellow YouTuber Sean ‘JackSepticEye’ McLoughlin. The first season of Scare PewDiePie featured Kjellberg navigating real-life horror video game scenarios designed to terrify him. It was produced by Kjellberg’s former network partner, Maker Studios, as well as Skybound Entertainment, which also publishes The Walking Dead comic books.

A day later, however, Kjellberg made a promise to his fans: if he received 100,000 retweets, he said, he would leak the series. But while each of Kjellberg’s tweets counts roughly 37,000 and 49,000 retweets thus far, it’s doubtful that he’ll actually follow through on the threat — given the potential legal ramifications — even if the lofty goal is met.

And Kjellberg has pulled similar stunts before. After vowing to delete his channel at the 50 million subscriber mark last December amid frustrations with technical issues on YouTube, for instance, Kjellberg ultimately revealed that it was all just a joke.

 

Facebook Comments

Don't miss out on the next big story.

Get Tubefilter's Top Stories, Breaking News, and Event updates delivered straight to your inbox.

This information will never be shared with a third party