From March 8th to the 12th, Austin will be buzzing. The South by Southwest festival will return for its 27th year, and interactive media will once again be at SXSW Interactive. Here are a handful of events that online video fans will not want to miss.
- Burnie Burns of Rooster Teeth and Streamys winner Tony Valenzuela will join Khail Anonymous and Jeremy Azevedo of Machinima to explain how to succeed in the online video industry. Whatever these guys are doing, it’s working.
- ShayCarl, KassemG, and a couple of their Maker Studios buddies will explore the “Post YouTube Apocalypse”.
- Several YouTube execs will be in attendance to talk about the phenomenon of social TV, because that’s their scene these days.
- Vimeo exec Jeremy Boxer will help dish out some tips for online documentary short filmmakers, because Vimeo is into that sort of stuff.
- Collective Digital Studios will be busy at this year’s festival. Sam and Niko of Corridor Digital will discuss their VFX-laden spectacles, Hannah Hart will help judge the Indiegogo PitchFest, the Annoying Orange team will try their best to explain their rapid ascension, and the duo behind Freddiew will detail why they love brand integration so much.
- Break Media will offer strategies for producing action web series. Any way we can get Freddiew and Corridor Digital for this one, too?
- Andre Meadows, whose Black Nerd Comedy channel was selected as a YouTube Next Vlogger winner, will discuss the dearth of black personalities on YouTube.
- Several panelists, including Machinima EVP (and former Red Bull exec) Kevin Doohan, will debunk the myth that it is impossible to engineer a viral video.
- Hey look, it’s the Cat Video Film Festival people! Meow.
- For the third year in a row, My Damn Channel is presenting Subway’s Fresh Artists Filmmaker Series.
- Downloaded, a documentary about Napster, should be pretty cool.
- The guy who does the voice in the “Nasty Ass Honey Badger” video will be in attendance. ‘Nuff said.
Of course, this extensive list is still just a small portion of the goings on at SXSW’s Interactive Festival. Be sure to check out the full schedule to see what else interests you. Have fun in Austin, and please return with a report on how CollegeHumor managed to link The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and Downton Abbey.