The International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences announced the winners of its 16th Annual Webby Awards early Tuesday morning. The Academy (comprised of the likes of high-profile internet savvy individuals like Twitter co-Founder Biz Stone and The Huffington Post’s namesake Arianna Huffington) bestowed its highest honor of Webby Person of the Year upon Louis C.K., who recently made headlines and a lot of cash by self-distributing a video of his comedy special Live at the Beacon Theater (which soon inspired other comedians like Aziz Ansari to adopt a similar distribution tactic).
Louis is accompanied by Juliette Lewis and Graydon Sheppard. The pair will take one of the other special IADAS awards of Webby Actresses of the Year for their role in the original Sh*t Girls Say video (despite, or perhaps because of the fact Sheppard is a dude in drag.) And the three of them are accompanied by a few dozen individuals, networks, studios, and programs who received regular old Webby Awards as decided by judges and/or the People’s Voice. A select few of those winners include:
- The Confession – DBG’s Kiefer Sutherland-starring series about a repentant hitman took home both the Webby Award and the People’s Voice Award in the Drama category.
- President Bush Reacts to the Death of Osama Bin Laden – Will Ferrell got the nod from the judges for Best Individual Performance on this Funny or Die exclusive of George W. Bush reacting to the news the western world’s most wanted man is no longer alive.
- Sonia’s Travels – Sonia Gil wooed the internet with her take on international locales to win the People’s Voice award in the category of Best Web Personality/Host.
- Onion News Network‘s How To Get A Guy To Notice You While You’re Having Sex With Him – The Onion won both Webbys in the Best Writing category for its work on this NSFW informative clip, right off the pages of Marie Claire.
- CollegeHumor – The go-to comedy destination for children of the 80s, 90s, and 00s won both Webbys in the cateogory of Comedy Short. The judges Webby went to a couple’s argument with Siri while the viewers liked Simon Pegg and Nick Frost’s Star Wars.
- Key of Awesome – The people loved this Weird Al-esque music video program for winner of Best Comedy Series.
- The Vice Guide to the Congo – Vice’s popular travel show delved into the Congo and came back with a helluva chronicle of its trip, along with two Webbys in the News and Politics: Individual Episode category.
That’s just a sampling of some of the winners of the Webby Awards 16th installment. To see all the nominees and recipients of judge’s choices and People’s Voice awards, click on over to WebbyAwards.com. And to see some of the above collect their Webbys in person, tune into the live stream of the ceremony hosted by comedian extraordinaire Patton Oswalt on Monday, May 21st and 5:30PM EST.