Get it? Momversations. They’re digital conversations from some of the internet’s most outspoken mommies and, though the mommie genre is certainly nothing new to web video, DECA‘s application combines true talent with a production process that’s really organic to the web.
Here’s how it works: one expert blogger-mom brings up a topic (i.e. food as a reward), records her take on the topic, then passes it down the line where the divergent takes from her fellow digital panelists are recorded. The videos are sent to DECA, yada yada yada, we get a catchy succinct, pointed, sarcastic and fun-lovin exchange on the joys (and pitfalls) of parenting.
The contributors include the following popular mom bloggers who see a combined audience of over 1.5 million people.
· Heather Armstrong, Dooce – www.dooce.com
· Alice Bradley, Finslippy – www.finslippy.com
· Daphne Brogdon, Cool Mom – www.coolmom.com
· Asha Dornfest, Parent Hacks – www.parenthacks.com
· Nataly Kogan, Work It, Mom! – www.workitmom.com
· Maggie Mason, Mighty Girl – www.mightygirl.net
· Mindy Roberts, The Mommy Blog – www.themommyblog.net
· Rebecca Woolf, Girl’s Gone Child – www.girlsgonechild.net
You don’t have kids, or your use the internet to get away from them? Fine. Still, take note of how this innovative application of interactivity truly crafts the media. Good job DECA.
DECA will produce and post 3 episodes a week, each with a different topic for the bloggers to discuss, debate and advise – everything from politics to relationships to parenting challenges.