A new platform led by a major TV star has unveiled its star-studded lineup of original programming. Raze, a mobile-first hub for Latino viewers co-founded by Modern Family actress Sofia Vergara , her business partner Luis Balaguer , and former Fox Television Studios exec Emiliano Calemzuk , has shared a lineup of shows that includes contributions from YouTube stars like Sebastián Villalobos, Mario Ruiz, and Paisa Vlogs.
The seven programs included within Raze’s launch slate will target Latin-American audiences by featuring the social media influencer to whom those viewers connect. Villalobos, Ruiz, Luisa Fernanda, and Juan Pablo Jaramillo, for example, will star in Raze Camp, which will subject them to real-life military training. Combined, those four creators have more than 11 subscribers on their primary YouTube channels.
“Raze was created to address a void in programming for Latino millennials. All of our shows feature top talent who have a large following across multiple channels and are producing high-end content,” said Calemzuk in a press release. “We want Raze to be a new way for millennials to find content that appeals to them and is reflective of their own experiences.”
Raze scooped up a reported seven-digit funding round earlier this year and announced a few key hires several months after that. The platform’s programming will be available on its website as well as on social sites like Facebook and Instagram. Here, via a release, are details on the programs included in Raze’s initial lineup:
- RAZE CAMP: YouTube superstars Sebastián Villalobos, Luisa Fernanda, Mario Ruiz and Juan Pablo Jaramillo learn what it takes to be a soldier for two days. Shot at an Air Base, the stars will face environmental challenges like heat and bugs, as well as experience real-life military training such as parachuting, rappelling, and tactical exercise.
- MARIO: INTERVIEW FROM THE TOP: Mario Ruiz, an experienced parkour athlete and all-around thrill seeker, interviews guests in extreme places and at high altitudes. In the first episode, Mario hosts on the edge of a heliport, 50-stories above the ground.
- SINCHRONICITY: Shot by a renowned director and bringing top-level production value, Calle and Poché explore different cities through their choreographed dance numbers. In the first stylized music video, they dance around different iconic locations of Bogota, Colombia.
- FOODIE HERO WITH JUANA MARTINEZ: Visit the hottest cities of Latin America and try the best desserts in town with Juana Martinez. A self-proclaimed sugar addict, Juana shares her passion in a light-hearted and entertaining way.
- LOOK: Raze’s top beauty influencers Paula Galindo, Miranda Ibanez, and Kathy Esquivel talk about their favorite make-up styles and tips giving viewers the best advice when it comes to getting ready for the important events in life.
- BY ME: In this intimate format, millennial girls and boys are interviewed about their feelings, concerns, aspirations and fun memories. Their first-kiss, bad diet attempts, whether they should share their cellphone password, there are no taboos in this show.
- PAISA SOCCER EXPERIENCE: Paisa Vlogs, a top influencer in the sports field explores the greatest soccer clubs of Latin America. From inside and outside the stadium, Paisa gets to the heart of what it means to be a true fan.