In May 2016, several brands used YouTube videos to capitalize on Mother’s Day, but the month’s big winner targeted its viewers’ stomachs. The latest edition of the YouTube Ad Leaderboard has arrived, with an offering from food brand Knorr taking the top spot.
In Knorr’s video, single people are matched up with one another based on their culinary preferences. The results are particularly adorable, and while many of the video’s 59 million hits came via pre-roll advertising, it has rolled up close to 6,000 likes from its viewers.
Further down the May 2016 Ad Leaderboard, as we’ve seen in previous months, several brands celebrated Mother’s Day. In particular, P&G celebrated the moms of Olympic athletes, while Cricket Wireless invented the ‘#Photomombing’ hashtag.
Several Ad Leaderboard regulars also returned to the list in May. GoPro, in the same month it announced a major deal with Red Bull, continued to display its prowess for branded content. BuzzFeed, another company with deep knowledge of sponsored videos, also made a Leaderboard apperance.
Here, via YouTube, is a full list of May 2016’s top ten branded videos:
Official May 2016 YouTube Ads Leaderboard list and May monthly views:
- Knorr #LoveAtFirstTaste, 33 Million views
- evian Baby Bay, 7 Million views
- P&G Thank You, Mom – Strong | Rio 2016 Olympic Games, 5 Million views
- GoPro Awards: On a Rocket Launch to Space, 3.8 Million views
- TV Spot „Everyone`s Fanhansa“ | Lufthansa, 3.3 Million views
- GoPro: Man and Grizzly Bear – Adventures with Bella, 2.6 Million views
- McDonald’s Angry Birds, 2 Million views
- Things You Wish You Could Control In High School // Presented by BuzzFeed & Benzac, 1.1 Million views
- Temptations Cat Treats: CATTERBOX™ – The world’s first talking cat collar (60), 1 Million views
- Cricket Wireless: #PhotoMombing! Because Moms Are the Bomb!, 968K views