No one can get a party started like Latinos can—and the Digital Content NewFronts were no exception.
MiTu founders Beatriz Acevedo and Doug Grief hosted a private event during the Digital Content NewFronts, during which MiTu CEO Roy Burstin presented their slate of original programming at Calle Ocho inside the Excelsior Hotel in Manhattan, right down the street from Youtube Brandcast at the Beacon Theater.
“As a bilingual and bicultural U.S. Latina, there are few networks that speak to us in a way that we can identify with. Until now, quality, entertaining content that reflects our way of life has been incredibly difficult to find. So we set out to create a global network where Latinos can connect with each other, feel proud, inspired, and properly represented as the cultural and economic force that we are in this country,” Acevedo said at the event.
MiTu originals feature a mix of English and Spanish language content that will aim to both entertain and be a resource for Latin audiences focusing content around six key channel categories: Health, Beauty, Food, Family, Style, and Design.
- Spanish Word of the Day with “Comedy Professor” Walter Reyes
- Happy Hour with Rey with mixologist Rey Goyos
- Amorology, a fun look at the curveballs love throws us
- JC’s 3 Ways featuring Mexican chef and long time Bobby Flay collaborator, JC Pavlovich
- Karo Care with childcare expert Carolina Ramirez Hernandez
- Improv Cocina with chef Juan Amir
- Glam Look, a how-to DIY beauty show starring celebrity stylist Elvia Felix
- Casa Linda, featuring home design expert and professional art director, Linda Ruiz
- Consejos Medicos, medical advice show with Dr. Guadalupe Batiz
The MiTu Network boasts over 9,000 videos with over 230 million video views and over 680,000 subscribers across 30 established Latino lifestyle channels with a loyal following. Among them are: Cursos de Maquillaje, Ecodaisy, Cocina al Natural, My Makeup Corner, La Receta de la Abuelita, Fitness Cada Dia among many others.
With MiTu’s emphasis on Latino cooking programs, it was no surprise attendees were lavished with Latin hospitality, which included fresh cocktails, Cuban-style coffee, Mexican desserts, and Argentine wines.
MiTu joins Latino-focused YouTube Original channels Tutele from Maker Studios and CleverTeVe from Clevver Studios, part of YouTube’s $100 million commitment to original programming, which recently got a $200 million boost announced at YouTube Brandcast.