Rockin’ Women showcases women who are leaders in business, startups, technology, non-profits and government. Now in its fourth season, The Valley Girl Show features interviews some of the biggest names in business and tech, from CNN’s Ted Turner to Google’s Eric Schmidt.
“As the first female entrepreneur in my family, I wanted to interview women who are making a difference in this world and are lighting the path for the next generation of women,” Draper said. “Our show has a strong female following compiled of both working and non-working women and my hope is that viewers will be inspired by these women to follow their own dreams and passions.”
During each episode, the female guests talk about their first jobs and how they ultimately broke into their respective industries, and offer insight on what made them successful along with helpful advice and tips for viewers.
Seven women were selected for the first season:
- Sheryl Sandberg, COO of Facebook – In addition to being the COO of Facebook, Sandberg sits on the boards of Starbucks and Disney.
- Pooja Sankar, CEO of Piazza – Piazza is an education startup that helps students communicate about courses online.
- Justice Sandra Day O’Connor, Supreme Court Justice – O’Conner served on the Supreme Court from 1981 until 2006. She was the first female Supreme Court Justice.
- Lori Steele, CEO of Everyone Counts – Using secure technology, Everyone Counts is transforming elections from hardware based and paper-based to digital, giving everyone access to ballots worldwide.
- Julia Allison, Media Personality and Journalist – Draper talks with Allison about her career, her online haters, and how to deal with internet bullying.
- Sharon Vosmek, CEO of Astia – Astia is a non-profit that promotes female entrepreneurship
- Julia Hartz, President and Co-Founder of Eventbrite