Web superstars and Digitour performers Dave Days, DeStorm, and MysteryGuitarMan, along with Executive Producer Sarah Evershed of The Cloud Media, shared insights learned from the tour, the highs and lows, lessons learned and surprising successes.
You can watch the complete panel discussion below, but here are some highlights:
- Lawrence, Kansas boasted the biggest turnout with the wildest fans
- Cash sales were high, as younger fans lined up to buy tickets with their allowance money
- Attendees ranged from toddlers to the elderly
- Collaboration and cross-promotion was as crucial to success on stage as it is online
- Converting an online audience isn’t automatic—performers had to hit the streets and pass out flyers and stage stunts to compliment their social marketing campaigns
A special thanks to our Meetup Sponsor Openfilm, which launched the Are U The Next Web Celeb? Contest from the Tubefilter Meetup. The contest boasts a $20,000 prize to take your web series to the next level.
Also a big thanks to our Community Sponsors SAG New Media, ValleyGirl.TV, and Blip.tv, who was on site demoing the newly designed website. And, of course, big ups to Dan Dominguez aka DJ SRSLY for providing the audio vibe.