Mark Gantt is a mysterious man. Ok, actually if you’re been paying even passing attention to web series over the past year then you’re no doubt familiar with the story of him and partner Jesse Warren hustling together a spec trailer to a web series (The Bannen Way) they hadn’t even shot yet and landing full season order and distribution from Sony Pictures Television.
But there’s still a mystery to this guy. And this weekend Streamy-winner Gantt plans to share some of his secrets to carving out his own path in the entertainment industry and not waiting for success to just come to him.
His “Create Your Own Career” workshop is this Saturday, August 28th in Los Angeles from 12pm – 6pm and looks to be targeted at people looking to craft a project for the internet. The daylong class will cover the gambit of web entertainment topics like “Producing for the Web,” Monetizing Your Content” and “Benefits of Pitch Website.”
I’ve been doing a lot of panels recently and one of the things I keep hearing from attendees is that they “Still don’t know how to do it.” I’ll break down what we did with Bannen as well as several other successful web series and will also take a few projects from participants in the workshop and we’ll build a strong foundation for them to move forward and create their own career. – Mark Gantt
WIN A FREE SEAT…FOLLOW THE TWEETS
To make this a little more fun we’ve teamed up with Crackle to do a little giveaway using Twitter, and we’re giving away 5 free seats to the workshop.
Here’s how this works:
- Starting right now search Twitter for the first 12 tweets using the #huntintweets hash tag.
- Then, take the first letter of each of those tweets and rearrange them to spell something fun.
- Post your answer in the comments below as soon as you crack the puzzle.
- The first five (5) correct answers will win free seats in Gantt’s workshop in LA this weekend. (If you’re not able to attend you can still play along anyway and post your answer, just make a note that you can’t make it.)
- Winners will be announced on Thursday via @crackledotcom’s Twitter page.
(Tubefilter is not directly involved and does not receive any financial consideration for Gantt’s workshop.)